1. Style
Desiree Stimpert

Knicks Star Releases Line of Low-Cost Sneakers

By October 18, 2006

A few weeks ago, my father-in-law sequestered my husband to tell him about a new line of shoes.

He wanted him to pass along to me the news about the much-anticipated line of Stephon Marbury shoes. Never one to pass up a good deal, and a huge fan of Steve and Barry's (the exclusive retailers of the line), my husband's dad was sure these low-priced shoes were going to be hot. And guess what? He was right.

The New York Knicks' point guard and NBA All-Star's vision was to bring high quality basketball shoes to youth at affordable prices. Putting his money where his mouth is, Stephon Marbury plans on wearing the $14.98 Starbury One on the court this season.

Learn more about the full line of Stephon Marbury shoes.

Pictured (right):

Starbury One Shoes
    Price: $14.98
    Color: White/ Orange/Bay Blue

Pictured (left):

Stephon Marbury wearing Starbury Ones

Images courtesy of Steve and Barry's.
Exclusively sold at Steve & Barry's stores nation wide.
Please visit www.SteveandBarrys.com for the nearest location.

Comments

March 26, 2007 at 3:38 pm
(1) Terri says:

The idea is brillant for low income families, I truly admire your humble ways.With these other hundred dollar pair shoes,there is no comfort what so ever,they are just buying the name.Just because their Jordans,you won’t play like Jordan himself.

May 15, 2007 at 2:32 pm
(2) elayne taylor says:

I think what you have done is great. To me this is a role model someone who really cares about the kids. There are so many young boys out there that want to look good about the feet and there parents go broke trying to give them that high dollar shoe. My grandson every since he was little his Dad always made sure he had the Jordan everytime a new one came out he and his son would get a pair. We guess what his Dad and Mom divorced and his Mom was trying to still do it and could not keep up that style any more. A young man that works for me came into my office with your shoes on and my grandson feel in love with them. Not only were we able to get him a pair but he was able to get two and he is getting two more pair for his birthday. God bless you young man for thinking about where you come from… You may never see this but who ever reads this know that there are plenty of parents that are greatful to you. God Bless you.

July 10, 2007 at 11:08 pm
(3) Grammy Stowell says:

I just saw Stephon’s interview with Greta. Great job!! I immediately came to the computer to find where Starbury’s can be purchased. I know my grandson will be excited to be able to have 2 new pairs of shoes to start school. Young kids grow so fast, to be able to afford the expensive brands is impossible and not cost worthy. Thank you Stephon for being a “Goal Model” and to your parents for truely instilling in you the good of showing kindness to others. Thank you for giving every child a chance to be stylin. Sincerely, Grammy Stowell

August 23, 2007 at 12:49 pm
(4) JF says:

I will ask anyone who will listen to boycott anything Stephon has to sell in light of his support of Vick. A person who thinks hurting any animal for sport or trying to justify it isn’t someone anyone should ever endorse. He should stay away from kids for sure. I am now on a mission regardless of how nice it might have been to make a low cost shoe. Same old stuff though. He still makes a profit..it isn’t about helping anyone but himself.

November 9, 2007 at 2:19 pm
(5) Jeff J says:

I think he is doing a great job buy doing this and for the people aka HATERS this is america we can support who we want go take your boycott some where else and wine about it there are always going to be HATERS like you in this world trying to get on the hate bus take your SH** some where else this man is doing good for children

November 9, 2007 at 4:16 pm
(6) sam12L says:

Truly that should be something good and would deserve a chance to be featured for some NBA CARES kinda advertisements…..Well this also a good news for us PE teachers.

April 12, 2008 at 9:23 pm
(7) jerry says:

boycott!damn why don’t you boycott the sports that shoot birds and animals for fun.and there’s nothing wrong with making a profit,thats how people survive.

December 25, 2008 at 9:28 am
(8) Kennethc says:

I wanted to say that I really like these shoes and ever since Mr. Marbury started selling them that is the only shoe I wear and I get compliments on them everyday but I have a concern on where to buy my next pair due to the fact that the retailer Steve and Barry’s are going bankrupt where are the shoes going to be available now. thanx

January 10, 2009 at 3:33 pm
(9) Mike says:

Absolutely boycott this thug’s shoes. He wants to defend the actions of Michael Vick and try to equate animal abuse with hunting for food then he can go to hell. It really seems all of these thug sports players seem to stick together whenever they get busted for doing something illegal.

Jerry, since you’re projecting yourself as something of an uneducated person, let me enlighten you. True hunters do not kill animals for fun. True hunters only kill an animal that they intend to utilize for food. The “hunters that kill for fun are not hunters and it is an insult to true hunters that they label them as such. You think making a profit is about survival? Go live out in the wilderness and then you can talk to me about survival. The fact that you support this piece of filth and those like him just puts you right into the same category as them. Congrats.

January 23, 2009 at 1:19 pm
(10) Sabrina says:

Hello, can you help us contact Marbury. I know a few kids who look up to him and have created a song for him. We would love to send him the song inspired by wearing his Starbury shoes. Does he have a direct fan address or myspace page? Thanks