Of Spanish origin, Espadrilles are a classic warm weather shoe. Very European, very chic, and as this list will show, very versatile.
If you love espadrilles, this list is for you. From funky and colorful to tastefully subtle, there is an espadrille for nearly every taste.
In no special order, here are my top picks in women's espadrilles.
1. Born's "Chiquita" Thong EspadrillesFresh as a daisy, these espadrille thongs will make you want to find a beach to picnic on. The "Chiquita" espadrilles from Born have 3 inch, braided rope, wedge heels, and madras-style plaid fabric uppers. Fabulous colors such as pink, blue/tan, and celadon will make it hard to choose just one.
2. "Sherene" Striped Espadrilles from Naturalizer
These striped espadrilles have a cute vamp buckle, and a sassy sling-back design. The 2.25" rope-covered wedge heels are plenty wearable, and the fabric uppers make them extremely cool in the warm weather. If stripes aren't your speed, never fear, these cute sandals come in loads of solid colors, and a pretty floral print
3. "Joey" Dressier Espadrilles from David TateMost espadrilles aren't very dressy. And while I wouldn't wear these to a black tie affair, they're still dressier than most -- particularly this platinum leather version. The combination mesh/leather uppers give these sling-backs a great look, and the two-tone rope heels are very interesting as well. They come in a wide array of colors, any of which would be perfect for pairing with evening pants or other relaxed evening wear.
4. Vigotti "Sedona" EspadrillesThese chic sandals are sophisticated and versatile, but thanks to the espadrille styling, not at all stodgy or uptight. The slide design and 2.25" wedge heels make them easy to wear, and the multiple skimpy straps give them loads of individuality. Offered in two-tone versions of black or tan, or an all white version, these sandals are made in Italy.
5. Stewart Weitzman "Wedgesling" Metallic EspadrillesTruly unique, these sexy slingback sandals give a new look to an old classic. With oxide or oyster ferrous nappa uppers, these espadrilles are exciting and somewhat dressy -- and even 3 inch rope-covered heels have a metallic sheen to them.