By Desiree Stimpert, About.com Guide
- What's Hot in Women's Shoes
- Shoe Tips, Advice and FAQs
- Women's Shoe Styles
- Shoes by Type (Athletic, Heels, etc.)
- Designer Shoes for Women
- Comfortable Shoes
- Size Charts & Fitting Information
- Shoe Repair, Care and Storage
- Shoe Shopping and Shoe Stores
- Bags, Hose, and Shoe Accessories
What's Hot in Women's Shoes
From the essentials that should be in every woman's closet, to the top trends and latest styles, this is where you'll find the hottest women's shoes and tips on how to wear them.
Shoe Tips, Advice and FAQs
Shoes can make or break an outfit. Learn how to wear the most popular shoe styles, which shoes to pair with your favorite outfits, and answers to footwear frequently asked questions with the articles below.
- The Best Shoes for Croppped Pants
- The Best Shoes for Short Skirts
- The Best Shoes for Long Skirts
- What to Wear with Ankle Boots
- What to Wear with Ballerina Flats
- What to Wear with Mules
- What to Wear with Wedges
- FAQ: Hose with Open-Toed Shoes
- FAQ: Length of Pants with Heels
- More Shoe FAQs
Women's Shoe Styles
If you tend to buy a lot of shoes that look alike, it's sometimes good to check out other styles -- it keeps your wardrobe from getting boring, and it makes shoe shopping a lot more fun. But, whether you're looking for an old favorite, or wanting to try something new, these shoe style guides will help.
Shoes by Type (Athletic, Heels, etc.)
Sometimes finding the right shoe is as simple as seeing a red pump that will match your new dress perfectly, but often, the task is a bit more daunting. Whether you're looking for sexy high heels or athletic shoes to help you perform better, these guides to shoe types and types will help you find the right shoe for your needs.
- Athletic Shoes
- Bridal and Wedding Shoes
- Casual Shoes
- Comfortable Shoes
- Custom Shoes
- Dress Shoes
- High Heels
- Job-Specific Shoes
- Low and Medium Heels
- Office and Professional
- Sexy Shoes
- Special Occasion and Formal
- Specialty and Special Needs
- Vintage and Collectible Shoes
Designer Shoes for Women
Louboutin, Manolo, Jimmy Choo and more. This guide to designer shoes and handbags will introduce you to top designers, hook you up with all the top shopping sites, and help you find the best deals on authentic merchandise.
Pretty shoes are great, and finding a great deal on footwear can be a high like no other. But no matter how gorgeous the shoes are or how much of a steal they were, if they don't feel good, you won't want to wear them -- and you shouldn't. Wearing the wrong kind of shoes too often can wreak havoc on our feet and bodies. Here are some resources that will help you find comfortable and foot-friendly shoes that look as good as they feel.
Size Charts & Fitting Information
A cute pair of shoes is great, but a well-fitting pair of shoes is imperative. Here are several articles that will help you get the best fit and find shoes in hard-to-fit sizes.
- How to Find Your Shoe Size
- Inches to U.S. Women's Shoe Sizes
- Find Your Shoe Width
- Widths: What are all those Letters?
- Women's International Size Conversion
- Large Size Shoes
- Narrow Shoes for Women
- Small Shoes for Women
- Wide Shoes for Women
- Men's to Women's Shoe Sizes
Shoe Repair, Care and Storage
It doesn't matter whether you spend a small fortune on shoes, or have very little to spend -- taking care of your shoes makes sense. Because proper shoe care doesn't just make your shoes look good, it also helps them last longer. Whether you're looking for a shoe repair shop, or just wondering how to clean your canvas sneakers, the following guides will help you keep your footwear looking its best.
- Shoe Storage: Racks, Boxes and Organizers
- Glossary of Shoe Terms
- Cleaning and Caring for Your Shoes and Boots
- Shoe Care Products
- Shoe Repair
Shoe Shopping and Shoe Stores
Passionate about designer shoes? Or maybe you can't resist a good bargain. Whatever the case, these tips, lists, and reviews will help you find the shoes -- and the shoe stores -- you're looking for.
- Hot Footwear Finds
- Shoes on a Shoestring Budget
- Tips for Successful Shoe Shopping
- Trying on Shoes the Right Way
- Online Shoe Stores
- Finding the Best Shoes
- Is Online Shoe Shopping for You?
- Shopping at Non-Shoe Sites
- How to Choose an Online Shoe Store
- Cheap Shoes that Look Great
Bags, Hose, and Shoe Accessories
Woman can not live by shoes alone -- well, she probably can, but it's a lot more fun when you throw in handbags, hosiery and shoe accessories like clips, and laces. Whether you're looking for the perfect purse to go with those new boots you just bought, or wondering how to jazz up a pair of basic black pumps, help is at hand.