Hot is one of those words, kind of like "sexy" or "cute." It means something different to everyone. And, with "hot," there's even more ambiguity. You might be looking for hot shoes as in sexy shoes... or hot as in the trendiest or most popular styles. And within each of those categories, you might be looking for hot deals.
And, what if you want all of those things?
Well, you've come to the right place. Below, I rounded up brands and retailers of every type of hot shoes I could think of, including those with the best prices.
As I said above, sexy is definitely in the eye of the beholder. Some women will manage to find sex appeal in a pair of flip flips. But generally speaking, I think most women tend to associate sexy shoes with heels. Often, really, really high heels, along with platform soles, lots of straps, maybe even a well-placed zipper.
Prices for shoes like this range from insanely low to nearly unaffordable. And naturally, one season's selection from any given brand or store may not be as sexy as the year before. Having said that, there are a few designer and brand names that you can usually depend to produce sexy shoes. Here's my short list of those labels, as well as some of the first websites I'd check if I were shopping for sexy styles.
- Christian Louboutin - $$$$$ - Official Site
- Giuseppe Zanotti - $$$$$ - Official Site
- Jimmy Choo - $$$$$ - Official Site
- Nicholas Kirkwood - $$$$$ - Official Site
- L.A.M.B. - $$$$ - Official Site (Warning: audio file plays automatically)
- Badgley Mischka - $$$$ - Official Site
- Steve Madden - $$$ - Official Site
- Guess - $$$ - Official Site
- Luichiny - $$ - Official Site
- Jessica Simpson - $$ - Official Site
- Bordello by Pleaser - $ - Official Site
- Michael Antonio - $ - Official Site
- Heels.com - brand name, and budget styles
- NeimanMarcus.com - for sexy and trendy, high-end designer shoes
- Nordstrom.com - top brands and some boutique designers
- Piperlime.com - bargain, top brands and designer styles
- LuLus.com - budget and top name brands
- GoJane.com - sexy styles from generic and lesser-known brands at very affordable prices
Though they may be considered "hot," the trendiest shoe styles aren't necessarily sexy. For example, women's oxfords might be considered hot when they're trending, but I don't think anyone would list sex appeal as one of the style's attributes.
When you're looking for the trendiest styles, sexy or not, here are some of the brands and stores you may want to look at first.
- Prada - $$$$$ - Official Site
- Miu Miu - $$$$$ - Official Site
- Marc by Marc Jacobs - $$$$ - Official Site
- Jeffrey Campbell - $$$$ - Official Site
- Boutique 9 - $$$ - Official Site
- Steve Madden - $$$ - Official Site
- Sam Edelman - $$ - Official Site
- Nine West - $$ - Official Site
- Aldo - $$ - Official Site
- Chinese Laundry - $$ - Official Site
- Vince Camuto - $$ - Official Site
- UrbanOutfitters.com - loads of trendy flats, sandals, boots and heels.
- EnviShoes.com - top brands, lots of funky styles, frequent sales.
- GoJane.com - really trendy styles from low-priced and generic brands. Great prices.
- LuLus.com - generic and major brands. Spotlights hot trends, and has really good prices.
- ShiekhShoes.com - trendy, affordable heels, flats and boots from own brand and major brands.
- ShopBop.com - some of the hottest brands, designers and styles.
- Piperlime.com - major brands and designers in all price points. Very trendy styles and labels.
- 6pm.com - great place to find discount shoes for all budgets. Hottest styles from last season.
- DSW.com - major and budget brands. Good prices on hottest styles from last and current season.
- Zappos.com - one of the biggest, and still one of the best. Loads of brand and designer names.