To do a full and thorough session of leather shoe care, you'll want the following items. Be sure the products you buy are recommended for smooth leather shoes.
- Soft Cotton Cloths or Rags
- Soft Shoe Brush (optional)
- Smooth Leather Shoe Cleaner
- Leather Conditioner for Smooth Leather Shoes
- Shoe Polish, or a Shoe Polish Alternative
- Leather Protectant (Waterproofing Product)
Before you begin, you'll want to make sure to you're prepared for the shoe care process. Work on top of newspaper, wear gloves, and work in a well-ventilated area. These precautions are essential, as many shoe care products contain toxic chemicals that can be very harmful - more information on this in the shoe polish section of this article.
Next Section: Cleaning & Conditioning Leather Shoes.